03 March 2013
The following notice has been issued by the chairman of the International Election Committee, announcing the candidates for the 2013 elections. Members will receive their voting forms through their national Mensa groups in due course. Members are urged to use their votes – it’s YOUR society.
On 1 February 2013 in accordance with Rule 9 of the election rules (no voting where there is no contest) the chairman of the International Election Committee (IEC) has written to Willem Bouwens, Michael Feenan and Elissa Rudolph to inform them that the IEC had declared Elissa Rudolph elected to the position of International Chairman.
The future incumbents of the other three posts to be filled will be determined in the international election in which members can vote from 15 April to 15 May 2013. There are two candidates for each of the three positions:
- van GEFFEN, Grethe (Netherlands): nominated by Belgium, Brazil, British Isles, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA
- MOODIE-BLOOM, Therese (Australia): nominated by Australia, British Isles, Hong Kong, Hungary, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
- REYES, Cinthia (Mexico): nominated by Argentina, Australia, Belgium, British Isles, France, India, Indonesia, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, USA
- LILJEQVIST, Björn (Sweden): nominated by Brazil, British Isles, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Japan, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA
- CHALLUPNER, Rudolf (Austria): nominated by Austria, Switzerland
- CYWINSKI, Jacek (New Zealand): nominated by Australia, Belgium, Brazil, British Isles, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, New Zealand, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden
In addition, the representative post of Director – Smaller National Mensas will be elected by the members of the International Board of Directors in a separate election. For the information of members, the candidates declared are:
- Bibiána Balanyi (Hungary)
- Lars Endre Kjølstad (Norway)
- Cristiane Cruz (Brazil)
- Cinzia Busi (South Africa)
All five successful candidates will take their place on the Executive Committee of Mensa International on 1st July 2013.
Good luck to all the candidates!